Summer always presents a dilemma. By the end of the year, I am so far past done with routines that I tend to spend the last few weeks before vacation throwing off all semblance of them that I can. I come home from school, throw together a quick dinner, and tend to spend the next few hours in my room puttering. It’s all very unproductive. Now I love this time, and I need this unscheduled time, and it’s one of my favorite things about summer, but I also know that if I am going to truly enjoy my summer, my days need some structure. So, a few days ago, I put together my Rules for Summer Happiness, and in the hopes of being accountable, even if just to the greater blogosphere, I have decided to share them with you.
Summer 2010 – Rules for Summer Happiness (or Happiness Resolutions)
- Exercise in some form, everyday
- Read everyday
- Plan two activities per week
- Go to the beach at least once a week
- Clothes go immediately to their proper place, upon being removed
- Meals should be taken in the kitchen
- Coffee can be taken in the bedroom
- Up by 9:00 a.m.
- Down by 11:00 p.m.
- Take pictures